Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Banh Mi Oh My!

Finally, photos from my epic Banh Mi (Franco-Viet Style sandwich packed with pork, liver, and carrots inside crispy warm bread) Adventure!
And I quote: "Your mother always told you never to go the the Man Ying Building. The massive residential block is where criminals hide, dealers deal their wares and illegal immigrants slave away in factories. But those few strong-willed souls will be well-rewarded with the kind of baguette shop you'd find in Vietnam."
Strike a Pose!
Delicate layers of random meats placed into the hot french baguette with chopsticks and care at the speed of lightening. Sorry, Calvert no cilantro and not that spicy, but savory nonetheless. 

Where did I go? Oh you know, Mae Yuen St. Down in the Slums of Kowloon ... Fortunate thing! It's within view of my office building.
42 for a massive baguette, 22 for a good sized lunch. That makes my lunch splurge a little under $3 usd. Wow! I love HK Foodie Finds.
The only other customer and I anxiously await the fresh sandwiches (ha there were a dozen funs just chilling on the counter, but our's were fresh). I showed up to Tim Kee's (well, there is no mention of Tim Kee's outside the all chinese shop and street) but I showed up and he was on his lunch break so this lady and I just stood in silence, salivating over what could possibly be the best banh mi ever. 

Going to have to clean up the drool from looking at these pictures, Catherine
Posted by Picasa